The Black Academy of Arts and Letters (TBAAL)
The Black Academy of Arts and Letters (TBAAL) is a multi-disciplined arts institution whose mission is to create and enhance an awareness and understanding of artistic, cultural, and aesthetic differences. It offers a multitude of facility rental options. We look forward to making your event a memorable one.
· An excellent venue for major productions, concerts, workshops, etc.
· Seating: Floor 1053
Total Seats 1747
· Stage: The pit area and the stage are made of a black EPG hard surface material used on Broadway shows. Dimensions: 45'W X 80'D
· Loading Dock: Loading Dock 1 is located on the west side of Canton Street. It can accommodate 2 semi-trailer trucks. Freight access to stage is through a 12' X 9'6" overhead door on stage left.
· Box Office: Located off of Canton Street
· Electrical: 1 600 amp 120/208 volt service stage right
1 200 amp 120/208 volt service stage right
· Dressing Rooms: 1 Men's restroom to the south of the theater
1 Women's restroom to the north of the theater (near the Arena)
· An excellent venue for comedy shows, one-man/woman theater performances, music programs and poetry performances
· Seats: 250 total
· 3 dressing rooms
· Bar & prep kitchen
· Excellent setting for small meetings
· Great for breakfasts, receptions, and intimate dinners
· Accommodates 100 theater-style and 60
· The largest banquet/meeting room
· Great for hosting proms, birthday/anniversary parties, weddings/receptions, etc.
· Accommodates 500 theater-style and 250 banquet-style
· A medium sized banquet/meeting room
· Great for wedding ceremonies, receptions, workshops, seminars, banquets, and parties
· Accommodates 300 theater-style and 150 banquet-style