Where is the KBHCC Convention Center Dallas located?
Kay Hutchison Convention Center
Dallas 650 S. Griffin St. Dallas, Texas 75202
What is our Heritage?
• Dallas is one of the top five convention cities in the nation.
• The 1984 expansion of West Hall (Hall C) redeemed Dallas and led to the facility’s “growing” reputation again as one of the top five convention facilities in the country.
• Dallas made a bold commitment to the downtown area and the city’s economic growth
• The expansion of Hall D & E was approved and was opened in 1994. Exhibit Halls were renamed to A – E Hall. The Heliport/Vertiport access was added.
• In 1994 Pioneer Plaza was added to the external view of the Convention Center
• The largest bronze sculpture in the world
• Life-size Texas cattle drive featuring more than 70 steer and three cowboys
• In 1997 DCC became the first convention center in the world to install wireless internet service for customers and clients.
• In September of 2002 the new F Hall opened with 203,000 sq. feet of column-free space and an enclosed corridor from A – F Hall was opened. The building was given one consistent look from A – F Hall
• Since, the center has added new flooring, carpet, roofing, and solar panels.
• We are a Silver Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) Certified Facility.
What jobs are currently available?
The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center is owned and managed by the City of Dallas. All positions are posted on the City’s website. Applying for positions with the Convention Center or the City of Dallas, you must apply at www.dallascityhall.com
Listed below are other employment opportunities with our Contractors:
• CATERING Positions: Please call Centerplate at 214-743-2514 to inquire about open positions.
• HOUSKEEPING Positions: Please call Member’s Building Services 469-610-0190 to inquire about open positions.
• SECURITY Positions: Please call Allied Barton Security Services at 972-506-4550 or visit 3030 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #800, Dallas, TX 75234. You may also apply online at http://jobs.alliedbarton.com
How can I contact the convention center?
Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
650 S. Griffin St. Dallas, Texas 75202
Phone: (214) 939-2700
Fax: (214) 939-2795
Toll Free: 877-850-2100
How do I book space?
Click here to access and submit your RFP form
Where can I park?
Parking management/valet services for KBHCCD are provided thru Ace Parking (214) 671-9509; fax (214) 670-4255
KBHCCD retains exclusive rights and privileges in all parking areas of the facility, including the right to charge a parking fee to all users of its parking areas. KBHCCD charges a parking fee per entry of its parking areas on move-in, show and move-out days. KBHCCD has reserved spots on each level of the garage for alternative fuel vehicles. Loading, unloading or parking is not allowed on any KBHCCD plazas or sidewalks. Valet Service can be arranged, at the lessee’s expense, through Ace Parking. KBHCCD Event Resource Guide 19 6.14.R1
PARKING Overnight parking on KBHCCD property is prohibited by the City of Dallas Municipal Code – Volume II, Chapter 31 Article 1, section 31-13; violators will be cited and/or towed at the owner’s expense. Recreational vehicles (RV’s) may use KBHCCD parking areas for event parking only. Upon request, the Event Coordinator can provide information regarding RV Campgrounds locations by visiting website: www.tpwd.state.tx.us
Where do I get driving directions?
Directions to the Convention Center Parking Garage
Parking Costs $15.00 per car/per entry
• On Central Expressway
Take Central Expressway (U.S. 75) southbound. Take exit to I-35/U.S. 77 to Field Street. Turn left under the freeway and veer to the right onto Griffin Street. The Convention Center is straight ahead. The parking garage entrance is at the corner of Memorial and Griffin, on the south side of the Convention Center.
• On the Tollway
Go south on the Dallas North Tollway. Take the Harry Hines/Downtown exit to Field Street to Griffin Street. The Convention Center is straight ahead. The parking garage entrance is at the corner of Memorial and Griffin, on the south side of the Convention Center.
• On Highway 183
Take Carpenter Freeway (I-183) east to Stemmons Freeway (I-35E) southbound. Take the I-45/U.S. 75 exit to the Griffin Street exit. The Convention Center is straight ahead. (Also works for those coming from Denton/Lewisville.) The parking garage entrance is at the corner of Memorial and Griffin, on the south side of the Convention Center.
• On I-35 from the South
Take R.L. Thornton Freeway (I-35E) northbound. Take I-30 east to Griffin/Lamar exit. Stay in the left lane as you exit to continue on Griffin Street. The Convention Center is straight ahead. The parking garage entrance is at the corner of Memorial and Griffin, on the south side of the Convention Center.
• On I-45
Take Julius Schepps (I-45) northbound. Take I-30 West to Downtown/Ervay Street exit to Griffin Street. The Convention Center is straight ahead. The parking garage entrance is at the corner of Memorial and Griffin, on the south side of the Convention Center.
• On I-30
Take R.L. Thornton Freeway (I-30) westbound to Dallas. Take the Downtown/Ervay Street exit from the left lane of the freeway. As you exit, you will be on Griffin Street. The Convention Center is straight ahead. The parking garage entrance is at the corner of Memorial and Griffin, on the south side of the KBH Convention Center.
• DART-Dallas Area Transit
Red and Blue Rail Lines both stop directly at the Convention Center. For further information you may contact DART #214-979-1111 for fees and schedules or visit their website at www.dart.org
Do you have Wi-Fi (Free in the Lobbies)?
Complimentary Wi-Fi service is located in lobbies. For additional service, contact SmartCity Networks, (214) 853-8900.
Are there restaurants onsite or in walking distance?
With a density of restaurants greater than New York City, Dallas is truly a food-lover’s town. While first-time visitors might conjure images of Texas steakhouses and barbecue joints, Dallas long ago found its way onto America’s culinary map with innovative restaurants and talented chefs mining the flavors of American, Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine. Downtown Dallas is home to an incredible variety of restaurants.
Does the convention center have a business center?
Our Business Centers keep you performing flawlessly with convenient access to business services in lobbies A and C. No need to worry about that last-minute request for copies, finding a fax machine, changing/printing a computer file or shipping things home. We’ll take care of it for you!
• Full-service copies, collating, stapling
• Incoming and outgoing fax
• Computer access and laser printing
Mary Evelyn Raedisch
(214) 741-9097 fax
For Cable TV Broadband Services contact AT&T
What are some nearby attractions?
Amusing, historic, educational and iconic are just a few of the words that can be used to describe the sights and attractions in Dallas. Regardless of which sights you choose to visit, you can be assured that you will find unique experiences available only in and around Dallas.
What is your Alcohol Policy?
In compliance with Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission laws, no alcohol may be brought on to or removed from KBHCCD property except by the exclusive provider to KBHCCD.
What is your Weapons Policy?
The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas follows all applicable State and local laws regarding weapons in the facility. Weapons of any kind are not allowed at collegiate, religious, or high school events pursuant to Texas Penal Code (§46.03 & §46.035).