The Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center is committed to supporting and encouraging sustainable practices including the hosting of environmentally-friendly “green” meetings. As one of only a handful of U.S. LEED-EB and ISO 14001 certified convention centers in the nation, our dedication to resource conservation, sustainability, source reduction, and waste diversion is standard operating procedure.
· 7M gallons per year are saved through xeriscaping, low flow plumbing fixtures, and more energy efficient cooling towers
· Our maintenance and housekeeping staffs are trained to detect and report leaks for immediate repairs to conserve water
· We purchase and use environmentally friendly cleaning products, which in turn contribute to cleaner effluent
· 100% of the electricity we use is from renewable sources
· High-speed dock doors mean efficient temperature control inside exhibit halls
· High efficiency motors were installed throughout the HVAC system replacing old high energy consuming motors
· We offer free recycling collection which helps to offset show and exhibitor costs for garbage collection
· Nearly 160 tons of paper, cardboard, plastic, and aluminum are recycled annually
· More than 7.6 tons of unconsumed food and consumer products from shows has been donated through our Good Neighbor program to seven nonprofits serving homeless and at-risk people in Downtown Dallas.
· All used cooking oil is collected for conversion to bio-diesel
· Our catering partner uses compostable utensils for all disposable applications
If you’re looking to host a more sustainable event, talk with our Facility Operations Team about how we can help you achieve your green goals.