The Black Academy of Arts and Letters (TBAAL) is a multi-disciplined arts institution whose mission is to create and enhance an awareness and understanding of artistic, cultural, and aesthetic differences. It offers a multitude of facility rental options. We look forward to making your event a memorable one.
· An excellent venue for major productions, concerts, workshops, etc. · Seating: Floor 1053 Balcony 694 Total Seats 1747 · Stage: The pit area and the stage are made of a black EPG hard surface material used on Broadway shows. Dimensions: 45'W X 80'D · Loading Dock: Loading Dock 1 is located on the west side of Canton Street. It can accommodate 2 semi-trailer trucks. Freight access to stage is through a 12' X 9'6" overhead door on stage left. · Box Office: Located off of Canton Street · Electrical: 1 600 amp 120/208 volt service stage right 1 200 amp 120/208 volt service stage right · Dressing Rooms: 1 Men's restroom to the south of the theater 1 Women's restroom to the north of the theater (near the Arena)
· An excellent venue for comedy shows, one-man/woman theater performances, music programs and poetry performances · Seats: 250 total · 3 dressing rooms · Bar & prep kitchen
· Excellent setting for small meetings · Great for breakfasts, receptions, and intimate dinners · Accommodates 100 theater-style and 60 banquet-style
· The largest banquet/meeting room · Great for hosting proms, birthday/anniversary parties, weddings/receptions, etc. · Accommodates 500 theater-style and 250 banquet-style
· A medium sized banquet/meeting room · Great for wedding ceremonies, receptions, workshops, seminars, banquets, and parties · Accommodates 300 theater-style and 150 banquet-style